Fri Feb. 27th 2015
Apart from costing a bit more the benefits out way the cost for a personalised mouth guard.
- Oxygen is pretty important to the average human and for an athlete, it is imperative that their oxygen intake is optimal. Generic mouth guards don’t fit as well as customized ones do and it’s because of this, that it becomes difficult to hold the generic mouth guard in place, so to stop the guard from obstructing airflow.
- Customized mouth guards are designed to match each individual mouth structure.
This makes the mouth guard a perfect fit which in turn allows the athlete to focus on his or her performance without distractions caused by uncomfortable bulky substitute guards.
- Your teeth will have a better quality of protection due to the individually formed casing around each tooth. You can only achieve this by having a mould taken of your teeth, then have a personalized mouth guard constructed from this mould to the personal specifics of your mouth.
- Generic mouth guard do not allow for the opposing teeth to rest. Customized mouth guards are made with a bite plain for the opposing teeth to rest on. This is made to encourage the lower jaw forward so to open up the airway.
- It is much easier to communicate with a personalized mouth guard. This is also because off the perfect fit. There is no need to constantly take your mouth guard out if you need to talk to another person.
If you are serious about your sport, having a customized mouth guard is the best way to maximise your performance and endurance. No substitutes!